Jean-Luc Godard (Film director)
Teacher: Ângelo González Lessons: 4 /week
Cinema is a passion for many, or simply a big curiosity. This class is the opportunity to take a different look at the movies, directors or cinema cultures that you enjoy the most. Every country has a different cinema tradition, but there are traces that interconnect them, if we find these connections we also learn to appreciate better the movies we choose to watch. More importantly, we understand how cinema influences the world and the way we live.
The main topics to be developed:
- Mainstream/Author/Independent cinema.
- Storytelling voice and different narrative designs
- Contemporary movies analysis
- The genius of our times (Tarantino, Woody Allen, Peter Jackson, Kusturica, Gus Van Saint…)
- Actors, who are these strange human beings?
Classes will give the opportunity to watch movie excerpts, to debate in groups and to analyze different narratives. Students’ film choices will define the direction of the class and how much investment in each area the teacher will dedicate, all under a global perspective on how cinema cultures interact.